1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
Budding Genius may store the information you submit through our website, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the website. One of the first things learned in teacher training is that every student has a preferred learning style. Some are visual learners, while others learn best by the physical act of doing. Some students take in auditory information well, while others perform best when they have the information in writing to support their learning. We use the information to assess your child’s ability and learning style so we can match the right level of learning and the right tutor.
Among the information we collect, please note:
1. Account Information: If you create an account on Budding Genius Academy, we may store and use your full name, email address, postal code and other information you may provide with your accounts, such as your child’s gender and birth date.
2. Activity: We may store information about your use of the website, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit, and the businesses you call using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Website.
3. Third Parties
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
1. Facebook and Twitter: If you are logged into Facebook, and you access but are not logged into the Website, we may receive information from Facebook to make it easier for you to create an account on the website and show you relevant content from your Facebook friends. You can also connect your Budding Genius Academy account to your accounts on third-party services like Facebook or Twitter, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service. We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers.
4. Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the website pseudonymously. Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the website are only private to the extent that both you and the sender/recipient keep them private. For example, we do not have any control over whether a recipient of one of your messages publicly posts it or its contents.
The Website is intended for general audiences and is not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via a mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in Canada, Province of Ontario, which may provide for different data protection rules than the country in which you reside.